News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Poo sticks on the Silk Road

Started by Duncan Head, July 22, 2016, 08:41:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duncan Head

Duncan Head

Imperial Dave

For a moment I thought that AA Milne had been travelling whilst writing!

Interesting article which confirms suspicions but as it says nice to have some proof
Slingshot Editor

Patrick Waterson

It looks as if they are getting to the bottom of disease transmission from east to west.
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Tim

I am afraid to open the link for fear of what sort of crappy article I might find...

Justin Swanton

I'm hoping it written in clean English and not the verbal diarrhoea so many of these articles contain....

(BTW I spelled 'diarrhoea' without looking it up  8))

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Patrick Waterson

:)

Coprology has become a highly respected academic field, so in future we can expect cesspits of opinions to be replaced by opinions on cesspits, which some might consider a definite advance.

Meanwhile we might note that the oriental method does keep the fingers clean.  This was presumably an important consideration in cross-desert trips when water availability, especially for washing, was at a premium.

That said, a really frugal expedition would have used the day's output of used cloth sticks to help fuel the campfire.  This find may have been an unusually lucky one resulting from exceptional circumstances.
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill