News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Homers The Silly-iad: 5 Madaxeman Mycenean Reports

Started by madaxeman, January 18, 2023, 02:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madaxeman

After freezing our nads off at the Ascot racecourse last year, the 2022 edition ofthe Warfare show turned up the heating significantly with a trip to the desert in a Biblical-themed 15mm L'Art de la Guerre competition at the all-new Farnborough venue.

That meant the Linear B tactics of an improved and enhanced Mycenean army using Museum Miniatures pre-Z range figures got to have a run out in five games of L'Art de la Guerre, all laced with dreadful poetry, terribly inappropriate speech-bubble captions, almost no tactics and even a smattering of your best quality American Ska-Punk in a series of reports punningly now known as Homer's The Silly-iad.

There was a young man called Achilles,
Anyone that he fought got the willies,
He had a big horse,
(It was wooden, of course!),
And a penchant for terrible ditties!
(Homer, The Silly-iad)

Read on to experience the full poetic horror of these 5 match reports!

https://www.madaxeman.com/reports/Warfare_2022_1.php

gavindbm

Enjoyed the account - with usual helpful explanations for those of us who don't play ADLG.

But clearly not a real Mycenaean or Achaean army due to lack of chariots - unless you claim they were really battle taxis in the Trojan Wars and the warriors dismounted to fight.

madaxeman

Quote from: gavindbm on January 18, 2023, 08:34:31 PM
Enjoyed the account - with usual helpful explanations for those of us who don't play ADLG.

But clearly not a real Mycenaean or Achaean army due to lack of chariots - unless you claim they were really battle taxis in the Trojan Wars and the warriors dismounted to fight.

I feel my next challenge is to make a chariot-filled Trojan Wars army viable in ADLG ... !

gavindbm

Quote from: madaxeman on January 25, 2023, 09:19:48 PM
Quote from: gavindbm on January 18, 2023, 08:34:31 PM

I feel my next challenge is to make a chariot-filled Trojan Wars army viable in ADLG ... !

My experience is lots of chariots works in DBM...and (based very limited experience) should work in MeG.  I have heard it works in DBMM.  But I cannot comment on ADLG or .......