News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Pompeii pizza!

Started by Imperial Dave, June 27, 2023, 07:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark G

I venture to suggest that the presence of papa joes signals the evidence of the decline of a previously advanced society

Imperial Dave

and folding your pizza is an aberration!
Slingshot Editor

Erpingham

Quote from: Imperial Dave on July 01, 2023, 10:15:38 AMand folding your pizza is an aberration!
Not if you're Neapolitan.  Given the proximity of Naples and Pompeii, maybe the Pompeiians did this too?

Ian61

Quote from: Erpingham on July 01, 2023, 10:28:03 AM
Quote from: Imperial Dave on July 01, 2023, 10:15:38 AMand folding your pizza is an aberration!
Not if you're Neapolitan.  Given the proximity of Naples and Pompeii, maybe the Pompeiians did this too?

And Cornwall, Devon and Somerset are all quite close but don't bring up the subject of 'how to eat a scone' unless you have done careful research first!  ;D  ;D
Ian Piper
Norton Fitzwarren, Somerset

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Erpingham

Quote from: Imperial Dave on July 01, 2023, 03:16:48 PMCream first

And would that be the Cornish, Devon or Somerset way?

Ian61

Quote from: Erpingham on July 01, 2023, 03:25:13 PM
Quote from: Imperial Dave on July 01, 2023, 03:16:48 PMCream first

And would that be the Cornish, Devon or Somerset way?

Devon. Cornwall its jam and in here in decadent Somerset you may get some butter first then... (perhaps have a cardiac arrest) Of course it has to be proper clotted cream! 8) 

When the northern based chain Morrisons bought out Safeway some years ago customers down this way were rather bemused by the fact that the clotted cream seemed to disappear to be replaced by six varieties of black pudding! :o  Of course I am cosmopolitan enough to like both! ;D
Ian Piper
Norton Fitzwarren, Somerset

Erpingham

Quote from: Ian61 on July 01, 2023, 06:25:44 PMWhen the northern based chain Morrisons bought out Safeway some years ago customers down this way were rather bemused by the fact that the clotted cream seemed to disappear to be replaced by six varieties of black pudding!

Clotted cream isn't a thing in Yorkshire, where scones tend to be eaten just with butter, or butter and jam. You might get clotted cream with a scone in Betty's, though I'd normally order a Fat Rascal.

Mark G

Morrisons, aka working class waitrose

Erpingham

An attempt at a recreation Apparently, it's actually foccacia.  Plenty of fruit, but no pineapple.
Rachel Roddy does a good workable Italian recipe - my wife often cooks them.  Doubt we'll try this, though  :)