News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Parthian Shots

Started by Chris, January 28, 2023, 01:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Gentlemen,

GRAND TRIUMPH rules were used for a few solo wargames featuring Parthians.

https://nopaintingrequired.blogspot.com/search/label/Parthian%20Shots

Cheers,
Chris

Erpingham

Liking the new game cloth  :)  I think your stylised and uncluttered presentation is working well.

Chris

Cheers Anthony.

Indeed, the desert, arid, or at least warmer environment does lend itself to several more options. This material is thin, but at least it won't "fuzz up" like the dark green felt cloth.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Chris

CarlL

Chris, I don't know Grand Triumph rules, so I found myself more focused on your set-up and I found this tabletop with top down (laminated?) Card armies very attractive. If perhaps less functional than those in Parthians Aplenty which are more stylised and like map game counters. Both set ups very beautiful. I did once create two card board armies to try out a home made set of rules  for ancients but nothing as lovely as your well cut and colourful counters.
CarlL

Chris

Cheers Carl,

Apologies for the delay. I am not "religious" about checking in on the forum and its frequenters. See myself more as a backbencher. (Here's hoping that comment won't be taken the wrong way by some (is it cheeky?) Society members . . . ::) )

Anyhow, there has been some "discussion" about the origin of these rules. If you have the time and inclination, here is a link to the GWC Forum, where you can take a look around at the various categories and perhaps get a feel for the rules.

Thanks for your compliments and observations.

I have found that functional units (either detailed or more like traditional boardgame counters) permit me to jump from battle to battle and period to period without significant delay. It also allows me to try out new rules as well as further explore tinkering with older sets.

Cheers,
Chris