News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

First Mantinea ADLG Game

Started by Cyrus, March 17, 2023, 02:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrus

Yesterday we played an ADLG game of First Mantinea. My Spartans lost again, they don't have much of a track record!

https://bucellarii.blogspot.com/2023/03/first-battle-of-mantinea-adlg-game.html

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

dwkay57

I was a bit confused for a minute as I thought it was the battle chosen for this year's battleday - but it wasn't which explained a lot.

Interesting how many Greek states had changed sides between the two battles.
David

Cyrus

I'd love to do Second Mantinea but need to paint more Theban hoplites. Shifting alliances I suppose is Greek democracy in action.

dwkay57

I've had to re-jig my Greek armies to approximate the team lists for the 362BCE battle, which has meant a lot are playing out of position and under aliases.
David

Duncan Head

Quote from: Cyrus on March 17, 2023, 08:54:44 PMI'd love to do Second Mantinea but need to paint more Theban hoplites.

This was our team's problem. Well, Bob Robertson's problem since he's painting all the figures - brave man :) He already had far more Spartans than we need, but has been running off another 80 or so Theban hoplites.
Duncan Head

Cyrus

Leuctra and Second Mantinea are definitely on the to do list, I'll just have to finish painting all my Victrix Theban hoplites.