News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Going Down for the Last Time

Started by Jon Freitag, March 28, 2023, 04:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Freitag

One more Sumerian battle before I switch to another gaming period.  Game played using Basic Impetvs on a  hex grid.

Battle report on Palouse Wargaming Journal at Going Down for the Last Time.

Ian61

Quote from: JonFreitag on March 28, 2023, 04:28:42 PMOne more Sumerian battle before I switch to another gaming period.  Game played using Basic Impetvs on a  hex grid.

:) Bad luck - You would have thought Sumerians would like a hex grid given their number systems -
 but perhaps only for counting. At least one of the battle carts seemed to have a smashing time, at least to begin with. Thanks for the report.
Ian Piper
Norton Fitzwarren, Somerset

Jon Freitag

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Jon Freitag

Thank you, Dave!  I think we all had fun.  I faced four different players in four games, all played remotely.

simonw

Great to see Sumerians getting a good runout. Good games and reports. Cheers, Simon

gavindbm

Great to see Battle Carts in action.

simonw

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

simonw

Thanks Dave. The Sumerians are my latest project. I am still working on them although I have started expanding my Sea Peoples as well. I also have many more Romans and Carthaginians to paint (and Persians.... and Successor Pikemen....... and Assyrians........ and Egytpians and Hittites and................damn)!

Erpingham

Jon has a load more well painted Biblicals, who have been overshadowed of late.  Perhaps he could be persuaded to bring them to the field, or at least parade them in the Arrayed armies thread?

Jon Freitag

Yes, I could be persuaded to parade some of my other Biblical armies. 

Erpingham

Quote from: JonFreitag on March 30, 2023, 02:04:25 PMYes, I could be persuaded to parade some of my other Biblical armies. 

Great!  Come on everyone, get persuading  :)

Chuck the Grey

I would very much like to see Jon's other Biblical armies.