News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Battle of Ucles, 1108

Started by Jon Freitag, November 24, 2022, 05:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Freitag

On deck today is a recap of a recent remote game refighting the Battle of Ucles in 1108.  Game was played on a grid using 28mm miniatures and Basic Impetvs.

Battle report at,
https://palousewargamingjournal.blogspot.com/2022/11/down-but-not-out.html

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Chris

Second Dave . . . Well done.

Impressed not only by the table and figures, but by the flood of comments that your postings typically generate.

I have the IMPETVS rules (and amendments) and have staged a few battles using them. I have not played BASIC IMPETVS though.

The use of hexagons does have a certain appeal . . . eliminates the rulers and tape measures and so forth.

Thanks for the link.

Cheers,
Chris

Jon Freitag

Quote from: Chris on November 25, 2022, 10:35:50 AM
Second Dave . . . Well done.

Impressed not only by the table and figures, but by the flood of comments that your postings typically generate.

I have the IMPETVS rules (and amendments) and have staged a few battles using them. I have not played BASIC IMPETVS though.

The use of hexagons does have a certain appeal . . . eliminates the rulers and tape measures and so forth.

Thanks for the link.

Cheers,
Chris

Happy you enjoyed the battle report, Chris.

Using a grid is very helpful in remote gaming especially with respect to clarity of orders and speed of play.

Erpingham

Quotethe flood of comments that your postings typically generate.

Jon is also a great commentator on other people's blogs.  I often find myself reading Jon's comments as I check through my blogs.  I think this is a feature of Jon's approach - his postings are seen as an exchange between bloggers and likeminded folks reciprocate, which forms the basis of a comment flow akin to the Spokane falls.

Jon Freitag

Quote from: Erpingham on November 25, 2022, 01:30:08 PM
Quotethe flood of comments that your postings typically generate.

Jon is also a great commentator on other people's blogs.  I often find myself reading Jon's comments as I check through my blogs.  I think this is a feature of Jon's approach - his postings are seen as an exchange between bloggers and likeminded folks reciprocate, which forms the basis of a comment flow akin to the Spokane falls.

Thank you, Anthony! 

Kudos for slipping in the Spokane Falls simile! You have been paying attention!

Erpingham

QuoteKudos for slipping in the Spokane Falls simile! You have been paying attention!

I'm still working on how to get in a moose reference  :)

Jon Freitag