News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

DBA3 Carthage vs Marian Roman

Started by Justin Swanton, February 26, 2014, 07:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Swanton

This is a game I played with my newly acquired Late Carthaginians against Noel of the Durban Wargames Club (whose brother sold me the Carthaginians). Noel played Rome, I played Carthage. The increased movement rates in DBA3 allows for some nippy surprises at close quarters - hence the importance of leaving no gaps in one's line. Noel did have bad luck with pip dice, throwing 1's for turn after turn. At one point he prayed just before throwing the dice: "Please, give me anything but a 1." His prayer was heard - he got a 2.

I'll leave it entirely as a visual AAR. It is reconstructed from memory. I  know I lost a base somewhere and the final score was 1:5, so the diagrams are approximate indications.

There was a watercourse and two steep hills, behind which each player placed his camp.

Patrick Waterson

Nice to see wargaming alive and well in Durban.  It looks as if Frederick the Great was commanding the Carthaginians.
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill