News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Conquerors and Kings WOTR v Scots

Started by martin, July 14, 2023, 06:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erpingham

The two Barons' Wars weren't insignificant, either.

Imperial Dave

They must have got fed up of each other in the end..
Slingshot Editor

Jim Webster

I suppose you have to ask at what point the civil war became 'English' and not just dynastic infighting between various aristocratic clans  :)

Ian61

Quote from: Jim Webster on July 16, 2023, 06:17:28 PMI suppose you have to ask at what point the civil war became 'English' and not just dynastic infighting between various aristocratic clans  :)

I think that was Trevor Royale's justification.
Ian Piper
Norton Fitzwarren, Somerset

Erpingham

Quote from: Ian61 on July 16, 2023, 07:21:49 PM
Quote from: Jim Webster on July 16, 2023, 06:17:28 PMI suppose you have to ask at what point the civil war became 'English' and not just dynastic infighting between various aristocratic clans  :)

I think that was Trevor Royale's justification.

There was I thinking the Wars of the Roses was all about rival aristocratic factions trying to control the throne. My bad  :)

I think I will stick with a war between indigenous factions intent on gaining control of the country.  How extensive things have to become to not be either a revolt or a rebellion is for another time (otherwise we'd be knee deep in medieval civil strife).

Ian61

I know what you mean it seems strange that it seems for many life went on as normal whilst the occasional battles were happening between various quite small Armies compared to classical times. It is certainly very different to the mass involvement of people with the 'Civil War'.
Ian Piper
Norton Fitzwarren, Somerset