News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

TACTICA 2 BARONS WARS

Started by simonw, November 10, 2023, 03:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simonw

Monday night's game was a small 1 v1 Barons wars game due to Gordon and Hugh both being unable to attend. So Bill took the Royalist army and Graham the Baronial Rebels.

The Rebels won as Henry III fell off his horse in melee and was killed and the Knights of the Holy Orders (Hospitallers and Templars) went away on a wide, right flank sweeping manoeuvre behind the woods on the Royal Army's right Flank sector and never got into action at all.

The Infantry centre of the Royal Army was overwhelmed by the Barons' more numerous infantry and a wild charge of some of their Knights before the 'Brothers' even became visible.

I also contributed to the downfall of King henry by miscalculating his army's points value; leaving him 140pts short of the supposed 1600pts strength.

You just can't get the staff these days!

Cheers
Simon

Erpingham

Do the chocolate biscuits block line of sight for the archers?

And I like the bear - all medieval armies need a bear.  :)

Imperial Dave

Biscuits

1/2 movement speed due to scoffing
But +1 attack bonus
Slingshot Editor

simonw

Anthony,

Surprisingly, the chocolate biscuits didn't survive the battle!

regarding the bear, Warwick is currently on the painting table.

Cheers

Simon  :D

Keraunos

And the palm trees!  I knew the temperatures were higher in the 13th century than before and after.  Presumably enough to grow the odd tree brought back by crusaders with a botanical disposition?

simonw

simonw

Last night's game was a TACTICA 1 rematch of King Henry III's army against the rebellious Barons. This time was victory for the King!

Erpingham

Damn Templars get everywhere.  I blame Dan Brown.

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

simonw

Anthony, Dave, I do have Hospitallers as well but they are fewer in number and tend to hide in amongst others.  I think that the Knights of the Temple are on their way up North to Rosslyn!
 :)

Erpingham

Quote from: simonw on November 21, 2023, 12:56:29 PMon their way up North to Rosslyn!

Well worth visiting, those who've never been.  Though the Templars may be a bit disappointed, as the famous chapel wasn't built until the 15th century.

simonw

I blame Dan Brown! Somebody had to place the foundation stone (or bury the Holy Grail).

Imperial Dave

I've got a god particle somewhere...
Slingshot Editor

simonw

I have done a bit of painting over the weekend and expanded King Henry's army. God is now on his side! Hopefully, I'll be able to write up a report on Monday night's (expanded) game as we are gong to have a full complement of gamers.

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor