News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Anglo-Saxon armies

Started by aligern, March 02, 2013, 01:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erpingham

Quote from: aligern on October 09, 2014, 11:19:12 AM
Didn't the Conqueror or William Rufus tell the assembled Fyrd to give him the money and go home?
Roy

William Rufus, I think.  The money was the subsistence pay fyrdmen were provided with by their districts.

Anton

I always wondered about the 'King's Welsh horsemen' in the Laws of Ine.

Anton

Apologies to all for intruding on this thread.  I'm not posting from my home computer today and consequently can actualy post to the forum once I've logged in. When posting from home I cannot do so and have not been able to for months as my replies get timed out regardless of length.

If admin can help I would be very grateful.

Apologies once again for the intrusion.

Patrick Waterson

Hmmm, this is an odd one.

Our Webmaster (Toby Partridge) is unavailable for a few days, but will be asked to see if he can get to the bottom of this.  The timeout on this site is set at four hours (240 minutes) so there seems to be no further adjustment we can make at this end.

It might be worth checking to see what firewalls and other security features ye olde home computer has that the work computer does not.  Just a thought.
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill

Anton

Thank you very much Patrick.

I look forward to hearing from Toby