News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Campaigns of Germanicus

Started by Lurkio, January 30, 2015, 04:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lurkio

The 3rd instalment of our club Germania campaign has now been published on our website. Swing by and take a look

http://badwargamers.com/bad/

thanks
Simon

Chris

Nice looking table and even nicer looking armies. Thanks for sharing the link.

I have the FOG rules and a couple of the  supplements but have not made any concerted effort to play except for one or two trial scenarios.

The campaign format appeals . . . I should like to develop something similar (whether historical or just based on the record) to give a little more meaning to my battles. However, I find my attention span more suited to one-off engagements.

Thanks again for sharing the link and report.

Cheers,

Chris

Lurkio

Hi Chris,

for us we've been playing FoG for over 7 years, as a competition set. As the rules are in their death throws, we've tried to mix it up with a set of themed battles, taken from the Warlord game Germanica book. Its been fun getting everyone to play in the big games. Its been fun and thrown up some interesting comments about what dynamics that people like to game. Primarily the games aren' even , so in this last game the Romans would beat the Germans in the field (despite the fact that in 'points' the Germans have more) and I've even given them a few in house 'buffs'. The scenario dictates that they have to just hold on ... but if you are the German player , does that make for a satisfying game?

thanks
Simon