News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Return to Huesca

Started by Jon Freitag, April 22, 2023, 11:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Freitag

Well, my first report on the Battle of Huesca met with such success, I thought I would try again with a battle report detailing the second battle.  Perhaps this replay will offer more interest?

Full battle report at Return to Huesca.

Imperial Dave

very good indeed Jon. Super commentary and photos as ever
Slingshot Editor

Jon Freitag

Justin Swanton

Exquisite figures and an absorbing game.

dwkay57

David

Jon Freitag

Thank you, Justin and David!

Erpingham

Enjoying these battles and the situations they throw up.  I note this one has a long follow on break through by the Black Guard, which I presume is a feature from Basic Impetus?  Also watching with interest the camelry, who seem quite effective (though perhaps more in the previous battle).

Jon Freitag

Quote from: Erpingham on April 23, 2023, 02:54:14 PMEnjoying these battles and the situations they throw up.  I note this one has a long follow on break through by the Black Guard, which I presume is a feature from Basic Impetus?  Also watching with interest the camelry, who seem quite effective (though perhaps more in the previous battle).

Glad you are enjoying these battle reports!

You are quite right about the series of pursuits by the Black Guard.  This is a feature of Basic Impetvs.  Although there is only a 50% chance of successfully pursuing for foot, Ali managed to succeed time after time after time much to the dismay of Alfonso.

The camels are effective against enemy cavalry because horse cavalry charging camels lose any Impetvs bonus.  Losing that bonus tends to be a great equalizer in melee.