News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Animated battle report

Started by Justin Swanton, October 20, 2013, 07:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Swanton

Here is a battle report of a memorable game I had with Shaun Comrie (who used to do a Chief Comrix comic strip for Slingshot). Played at the Durban Wargames Club. I took a number of photos, sufficient to be able to create this battle report. It was fun but a lot of work! The report was done in Powerpoint.

I would like to do more animated reports like this in future. However don't expect more than one every couple of months or so, until I can find a way of doing them faster. For those who have a memorable battle they would like to see animated, I would need a high-res photograph of the entire table from the same vantage point at the end of each player's move/bound.

Enjoy!

Mark G

that really isimpressive.

well worth a look - but remember to turn to slideshow on for best effect

Paul Innes

Very nice indeed.  From the Parthian point of view, it probably helps explain why the cataphracts usually waited for the horse archers to disrupt the enemy before charging...

Prufrock

Justin Swanton

Thanks for the encouragement chaps. I've converted the Powerpoint file into a WMV file downloadable from this link. Word of warning: it's 82MB.

I also uploaded a smaller file on YouTube but the quality is not that great.

My ambition, besides doing battle reports, is to animate some of the better known battles from our period. I'm keen to start with Zama, looked at from Patrick's intriguing optic.

Anyone know if I'm reinventing the wheel?

yesthatphil

I liked the WMV version ...

Phil