News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Bloody Romans!

Started by Paul Innes, February 06, 2014, 05:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick Waterson

Keep an eye open for Scutarii, designed by William Butler.  It might be worth a try - a new set, just about to be published, designed by a very experienced wargamer.
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill

Imperial Dave

I know its threatening to go off thread but.....another set of rules for me to wonder about and then buy?!

Arrrrggggg!  ::)

Does the name suggest that this set of rules is angled towards Roman/infantry type battles?
Slingshot Editor

Patrick Waterson

Bill hopes to have a copy available for review this coming week.  All should be revealed once that is expounded to a waiting world.
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill

Paul Innes

Good stuff.  I've seen news items about Scutarii but no details as yet.

Ian61

:) Just a quick thanks for posting that link, great pictures, hope it won't be too long before my Roman Army looks as good and also thanks for link to battlechronicler.com I have bookmarked that to come back to when I have time to deal with it - Your map looks a lot better than some of my clunky attempts in the distant past.
Cheers, Ian
Ian Piper
Norton Fitzwarren, Somerset

Paul Innes

Cheers, Ian, thanks for looking. Do let us know how you get on with it all!

Paul