News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Salute 2015

Started by davide, January 06, 2015, 10:46:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davide

As I'm sure you all know this year sees the 600th anniversary of Agincourt, and the organisers of Salute have chosen that battle as their theme for this year's show.  We're keen to fit in with the theme, and of course Agincourt falls within the last bit of our era, and so we've organised a large 25mm game of the battle.

We will be borrowing a 25mm collection which covers both sides, and the plan is to use Impetus rules.  The game will be staged and run by Eric Cruttenden and his allies from the South coast, who many of you will have met running Lost Battles games in previous years.

Eric will be organising test games and rehearsals, but a battle like Agincourt will take quite a bit of planning to get right.  If any of you out there have experience of Impetus that would be relevant to this, please let us know.  Eric is especially keen to receive thoughts about how to scale the battle.

I also plan to put a note on this on the Impetus rules forum, and I am hopeful that the house genius behind the rules, Lorenzo, will be coming over from Italy to visit us and talk about his rules.

We hope to see you at Salute.

David

davide

I should also add that Phil Steele will be running his updated version of Greyhounds in the Slips, in which the gallant King Harry leads his men through the breach at Harfleur.  I saw Phil running this at Salute a few years back, and it is an excellent small game with large figures and evocative terrain.

David

dadiepiombo

just to confirm I will be there, so come to say hello  :)

Lorenzo

Guthroth

Staines Wargamers will be there with an Agincourt participation game.

Come along and say hello and see if you can capture a noble or two for a princely ransom.

It only takes about 30-40 minutes, so once all your money is spent, come and have a go !

Pete

dwkay57

Good to meet David on the stand yesterday and be able to put a face to the posts and articles.

It was the first time I'd been to Salute for a few years and although it seemed very busy to me I heard a few voices saying it was less so. Perhaps the Sherlock Holmes event distracted some attendees?
David