News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Updated: The Society of Ancients Conference 2018

Started by Richard Lockwood, February 28, 2018, 09:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick Waterson

Quote from: Dangun on September 21, 2018, 04:43:40 AM
If Kenilworth is somewhere between Barcelona and Boston, I might drop in.

The town, along with its historic (AD 1266) castle, is south-west of Coventry and north of Warwick.  It is about 90 miles from London, and train fares can be surprisingly inexpensive if travelling outside commuter times.  (An idea of train and plane fares here; November will probably be similar.)
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill

Dangun

Patrick Waterson

I expect our indefatigable but seriously busy Richard Lockwood will be able to answer that point soon.
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill

Erpingham

Quote from: Dangun on September 21, 2018, 04:43:40 AM

If Kenilworth is somewhere between Barcelona and Boston, I might drop in.

I think Kenilworth would not be far off a line from Barcelona to Lincolnshire, unless you meant another Boston?

Dangun

Quote from: Erpingham on September 22, 2018, 12:47:31 PM
I think Kenilworth would not be far off a line from Barcelona to Lincolnshire, unless you meant another Boston?

I actually meant Boston, Massachusetts. But if the agenda looks OK and I can wangle a day out of the schedule, I would like to stop by.

Trebian

What time are we all getting there and starting on the Saturday?

Duncan Head

I don't think Richard's put out a program yet for this year, but last year we were timetabled to start at 9:00 on Saturday.
Duncan Head

Trebian

So now we have the programme out what is everyone excited about taking part in?

Keith

I hope some of you may join me to play or discuss my Trimsos rules. There will be a battle set up, but involvement will be informal. Play through the whole game, play a move or two, or just pop over for a chat regarding the rules - or just to talk about wargaming in general!

An introduction to the rules is attached.

Trebian

No background paper for the Hydaspes game, but it won't hurt if you've read the articles in Slingshot that were published for the battleday all those years ago. Unlike Keith's game, this is a six plaer and you really need to commit for all of it.

Duncan Head

Quote from: Trebian on November 23, 2018, 02:16:47 PM
No background paper for the Hydaspes game, but it won't hurt if you've read the articles in Slingshot that were published for the battleday all those years ago. Unlike Keith's game, this is a six plaer and you really need to commit for all of it.

Indeed you could look at http://soa.org.uk/sm/index.php?topic=1611.0 and perhaps http://soa.org.uk/sm/index.php?topic=1220.0 as well as the aforesaid articles, or instead of if you're away from your dead-tree archives.
Duncan Head