News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

DBA tournament at the Durban club

Started by Justin Swanton, May 26, 2019, 08:21:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Swanton

We had 6 tournament players that met at the Historygamers club in Durban last Saturday afternoon: Patrick, Hans, Noel, Matthew, Nicolas and yours truly. Everyone played three games, each game with a different army against a different opponent. The winner was to receive an all expenses 6-week luxury cruise to the Seychelles (well, I can dream sometimes, can't I?)

Here are the games and results:

ROUND ONE
Patrick, with Germans, vs Hans with Marian Romans - 1/2:1/2 as the game had to be stopped due to time limit.
Matthew, with Mithridatic, vs Noel with Parthian - 4:0 to Matthew. The Mithridatic scythed chariot was very difficult to counter.
Justin, with Carthaginian, vs Nick with Theban Hoplites - 5:0 to Justin.

ROUND TWO
Noel, with Germans, vs Justin with Marian Romans - 2:1 to Justin. Another game that had to be stopped at the time limit (for which the Romans were truly thankful).
Nick, with Mithridatic, vs Patrick with Parthian - 4:0 to Nick. That scythed chariot...
Matthew, with Carthaginian, vs Hans with Theban Hoplites - 4:0 to Hans. I didn't see this game so I don't know how it played out.

ROUND THREE

Patrick, with Germans, vs Matthew, with Romans (so Patrick had the Germans twice...damn, I didn't see that). 4:0 to Matthew.
Hans, with Mithridatic, vs Justin, with Parthian - 5:2 to Justin. Hans threw 1's or 2's for virtually every pip throw, so I can't put the Parthian victory down just to strategy.
Nick, with Carthaginian, vs Noel, with Theban Hoplites - 4:1 to Nick. the Thebans were clearly having a bad day.

FINAL SCORE:
Justin - 3 games & 10 kills (Seychelles here I come!)
Matthew - 2 games & 8 kills
Nick (tied with Matthew) - 2 games & 8 kills
Hans - 1 1/2 games & 7 kills
Patrick - 1/2 games and 1 kill
Noel - 0 games and 2 kills

yesthatphil

Well done!

What was the time limit?

Phil

Justin Swanton

Quote from: yesthatphil on May 26, 2019, 01:56:52 PM
Well done!

What was the time limit?

Phil

About an hour per game, I think. Noel called the time limit.

Keith McNelly

Great to read of the competition in Durban, which includes some interesting armies.
Across the Table - A Portal to my Historical Miniature Wargaming:
https://thewargamesroom.wordpress.com/

Ancient & Medieval Wargaming:
https://ancientwargaming.wordpress.com/