News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Optio available for playtesting

Started by Justin Swanton, April 17, 2020, 02:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imperial Dave

very nice indeed Justin. Some nice chrome since I saw it in the flesh last  :)
Slingshot Editor

Justin Swanton

Updating the module is taking longer than I originally expected but is nearly complete. I'll try to post a solo game report this weekend.

Imperial Dave

would be interested to see how that plays out Justin
Slingshot Editor

Justin Swanton

As a heads up I'll be doing Leuctra. No skirmishers as the game will presume the pre-battle skirmishing is done. I'm incorporating a special rule that the Spartan allies will not advance ahead of the Spartans, which means the battle will be decided on the Spartan flank (if the Thebans can dispatch the Spartan and allied cav and rout the Spartans that will cause the Spartan allies to panic as per normal panic rules, game over). My presumption is that the Sacred Band hid behind the Theban column and deployed to its left just before the two armies contacted each other in order to outflank the Spartan right - in true Spartan style. The Spartans saw this and tried extending their line to counter it, but hadn't completed the manoeuvre before the Sacred Band struck. We'll see how it goes...