News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Society Virtual Conference May 2021

Started by Nick Harbud, April 05, 2021, 08:27:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Webster

Quote from: DougM on May 24, 2021, 07:56:25 AM
Aarrgghhhhh. I missed it. Was it recorded?

Ditto
Was working and it never even occurred to me.
Any chance of a transcript?

nikgaukroger

Quote from: NickHarbud on April 05, 2021, 08:27:25 AM
After the great success of our first such event last year, we are running another on the weekend of 22nd and 23rd May 2021.  The action will take place between 4pm and 6pm (British Summer Time) on both Saturday and Sunday.  We have a top-notch programme of speakers lined up for you.

Saturday 22nd May 1600-1800 BST
Prof Michael Fredholm:The Early History of the Goths, from Berig to the Battle of Adrianople 378 AD.
Dr Gareth C Sampson:Never Mind Mithridates - Lucullus, Pompey and the Armenian Empire.

Sunday 23rd May 1600-1800 BST
Mark Fry:Sassanid Infantry.
Prof Nicholas Sekunda:The Army of Alexander - then and now.
(where "then" relates to the publication by Professor Sekunda in 1984 of the Osprey Men-at-arms book "The Army of Alexander the Great")

We hope that each talk will last 60 minutes including about 45 minutes from each presenter and 15 minutes of questions and discussion, moderated by Richard Lockwood.

The Conference will be run on Zoom.  If you would like to attend, please register with Richard Lockwood by email at conference@soa.org.uk.  A link for joining the event will be sent out nearer the time.

Apologies if I have missed an announcement but were these recorded and are they available somewhere?
"The Roman Empire was not murdered and nor did it die a natural death; it accidentally committed suicide."

Nick Harbud

These virtual conferences were recorded, but the technical aspects of making them available to Society members (and nobody else) has presented a few challenges.  I recommend contacting conference@soa.org.uk for the latest progress.

8)
Nick Harbud