News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Common misconceptions

Started by Erpingham, April 13, 2021, 02:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Webster

Quote from: Mick Hession on May 08, 2021, 04:17:42 PM
Schoolboy error. Demonstrate your complete ineptitude at DIY at an early stage and you won't be asked again. Also works with ironing  ;)

Cheers
Mick

works with washing up as well  ;)

Imperial Dave

nah doesnt.....the stares just get harder
Slingshot Editor

DougM

Quote from: Mick Hession on May 08, 2021, 04:17:42 PM
Schoolboy error. Demonstrate your complete ineptitude at DIY at an early stage and you won't be asked again. Also works with ironing  ;)

Cheers
Mick

Yep. My mistake. And now 'er indoors has a touching, but misplaced faith in my ability to do anything from putting up shelves, wallpapering, and construction in wood, to hanging doors and reconditioning vacuum cleaners.

I suspect the wargames related tool kit may have fooled her. An electric sander is for finishing bases, not rejuvenating floor boards.
"Let the great gods Mithra and Ahura help us, when the swords are loudly clashing, when the nostrils of the horses are a tremble,...  when the strings of the bows are whistling and sending off sharp arrows."  http://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/

Andreas Johansson

Quote from: DougM on May 08, 2021, 08:22:15 PM
I suspect the wargames related tool kit may have fooled her. An electric sander is for finishing bases, not rejuvenating floor boards.
I was wondering when we'd get back to common misconceptions.
Lead Mountain 2024
Acquired: 120 infantry, 44 cavalry, 0 chariots, 12 other
Finished: 24 infantry, 0 cavalry, 0 chariots, 1 other

Baldie

:)
Quote from: Andreas Johansson on May 08, 2021, 08:35:40 PM
Quote from: DougM on May 08, 2021, 08:22:15 PM
I was wondering when we'd get back to common misconceptions.