News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Oh Me, Oh My! So Many Alemanni!

Started by Chris, June 09, 2021, 11:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Very large counterfactual contest wherein Julian faces Chnodomar, inspired by Patrick's article on Argentoratum in Issue 321.

Here is the link: https://nopaintingrequired.blogspot.com/

Thanks in advance for taking the time to visit, to read, and perhaps, to comment, question, or criticize.

Cheers,
Chris

Imperial Dave

excellent post Chris and I really like the counters you used for the refight as it helped me see the execution of manoeuvres and action very clearly. 
Slingshot Editor

Baldie

Fantastic, never thought of using Lart at anywhere near that scale.

Chris

Thank you gentlemen.

Regarding the counters: Sometimes I will make the extra effort to design "top down" forces. It appears that this is more doable with ADLG than with other sets, though I am experimenting with Armati and have, long ago, tried it with IMPETVS. More often than not, however, I make use of universal counters (marked with infantry symbol or cavalry symbol). A bit of color (colour) is still provided, depending on if the medium is art poster or computer design.

Ideally, I should have liked to put captions with the photos, but confess that I am still finding my way around the mechanics of that!

As to the unusual if not unprecedented scale, I accept that there are arguments to be made for both sides.

Thanks again for taking the time to read and comment.

Cheers,
Chris

Ade G

Thank you Chris. Argentorum looks like a line-'em-up but you brought some real interest to it.