News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Historic England releases map based on 500,000 aerial pictures Published

Started by Imperial Dave, October 08, 2021, 02:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Chuck the Grey

Jim Webster

The archaeologists round here are going to go apeshit!
All the stuff they've kept quiet about because they didn't want it looted by metal detectorists is now on public display  ::)

Chuck the Grey

Quote from: Jim Webster on October 10, 2021, 09:48:58 AM
All the stuff they've kept quiet about because they didn't want it looted by metal detectorists is now on public display  ::)

Unintended consequences of technology and the project. What benefits one area of study creates problems for another discipline.

Jim Webster

Quote from: Chuck the Grey on October 10, 2021, 08:14:29 PM
Quote from: Jim Webster on October 10, 2021, 09:48:58 AM

Unintended consequences of technology and the project. What benefits one area of study creates problems for another discipline.

It's an inevitable issue.
Mind you in our area they've marked some areas as rig and furrow which haven't been in my lifetime!
Also one field next to us has 'ditches' marked. Actually the owner's son used to do a lot of motorbike scrambling and used that field. The 'ditches' may be what's left of the course he made for him and his mates  ;)

Chuck the Grey

Mind you in our area they've marked some areas as rig and furrow which haven't been in my lifetime!
Also one field next to us has 'ditches' marked. Actually the owner's son used to do a lot of motorbike scrambling and used that field. The 'ditches' may be what's left of the course he made for him and his mates  ;)

I won't tell anyone if you don't. It'll be our little secret.

Jim Webster

Quote from: Chuck the Grey on October 12, 2021, 04:53:11 AM

I won't tell anyone if you don't. It'll be our little secret.

;D

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor