News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Pikes vs Pila in Pontus

Started by Chris, November 14, 2021, 11:05:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Posting this link with the looming questions of "will it generate more 'views' than "Portraying the Poeni" and will those who actually read it all the way through take the time to type a comment or two?"

Here is the link to the latest effort by an amateur as well as an outlier:

https://nopaintingrequired.blogspot.com/

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Chris

Erpingham

You're American , Chris, so rather than an outlier, you're gaming on the frontier :)  I think your demonstrations of how to create stylish card armies are an inspiration for budget gamers.

I do, I admit, worry that using "regular" rules at much larger than their intended game size means that  the complexity levels prevent you from playing to a satisfactory finish.  My own "comfort zone" for my solo games revolves around much smaller games, as befits my medieval interests, so I'm not able to suggest a really good very big battle set, but others probably could.

dwkay57

I read the report all the way through Chris. As I was more interested in the narrative of the battle (than the rule topic discussion), I would have welcomed more overall photos from the same angle with a brief summary of action during that time.

I like big battles (you may have gathered that) and found it necessary to develop my own rules to meet my own unique combination to meet my eccentric ambition.
P.S. I am now experimenting with an "abstracted up" version for even larger battles on the PC.
David