News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Second Battle of Azukizaka

Started by Jon Freitag, January 11, 2022, 06:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Freitag

Latest remote game pitted the Oda Clan against the Imagawa Clan in Feudal Japan.
Rules used were Basic Impetvs 2.0 converted to grid.

Full battle report at,
https://palousewargamingjournal.blogspot.com/2022/01/second-battle-of-azukizaka.html

dwkay57

Did peruse the report Jon, but struggled a little as I have no knowledge and consequently recognition capabilities of Japanese fighting types, so would have preferred some more annotations and it might have been helpful to take the photographs from the same viewpoint to help see the flow and ebb. But did like the overall style and presentation.
David

Jon Freitag

Thanks for taking the time to attempt to read the battle report, David!  When playing frequently, I struggle to construct battle reports in a timely manner without taking some shortcuts especially with other time constraints.  No excuse.  I will try to improve my delivery.

I appreciate your critique.

dwkay57

It can take me a week to two weeks to write up a battle report Jon, so don't panic!
David

Chris

Only a week to two weeks? Lucky!

Belated thanks for posting directions to your blog and recent account of an interesting battle, JF. (With 53 comments, it appears to have been very well received and generated quite a bit of conversation.)

Have ZERO knowledge of Japanese military history (at least for the time period concerned), and have the same amount of knowledge re BI2 and C&C - Samurai (except for the review).

I may have to look into trying out a scenario or two using forces I am not familiar with but rules that I am familiar with . . .

There is something appealing about the hexagon-based approach.

Cheers,
Chris

Jon Freitag

Thanks, Chris, and you are welcome.  I find the hex grid works very well for translating player orders into action on the game table when hosting remote games.  Gaming remotely consumes more time than F2F in multiplayer games so any advantage gained to speed up play is welcome.

Thanks for visiting the blog and hope to see you stopping in regularly.

Jon Freitag

Quote from: dwkay57 on January 23, 2022, 08:54:05 AM
It can take me a week to two weeks to write up a battle report Jon, so don't panic!

Thank you, David.  Since I try to maintain a regular blog posting schedule of every three days, if I do not turn around a BatRep within that interval, it often gets lost in the backlog!  Solos replays get much more attention in battle reports but when hosting a multiplayer, remote game, chronicling the game requires some shortcuts. 

Prufrock

Thanks Jon, nice report (and lovely figures). You really seem to have the distance gaming down pat!

Jon Freitag

Quote from: Prufrock on January 23, 2022, 10:18:00 PM
Thanks Jon, nice report (and lovely figures). You really seem to have the distance gaming down pat!

Thanks, Aaron!  On remote gaming, practice, practice, practice!