News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Haverfordwest: Seventeen skeletons found at shopping centre dig

Started by Imperial Dave, April 26, 2022, 12:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

DBS

The queue for the Boxing Day sales clearly went a tad awry.
David Stevens

Imperial Dave

indeed although my money is on people waiting for Boris to admit he lied to parliament  :)
Slingshot Editor

Erpingham

Quote from: Holly on April 26, 2022, 01:17:19 PM
indeed although my money is on people waiting for Boris to admit he lied to parliament  :)

Doing my best Sir Lindsay Hoyle impression, I would remind the honourable member that this is not a forum for political speculation or saying rude things about politicians, tempting though it may be  :-X

Jim Webster

Quote from: Erpingham on April 26, 2022, 01:54:54 PM

Doing my best Sir Lindsay Hoyle impression, I would remind the honourable member that this is not a forum for political speculation or saying rude things about politicians, tempting though it may be  :-X

Also if politicians were to be ejected for lying we could save a fortune. Think of all those who have said how wonderful a leader was, recommended this individual to the electorate as the perfect PM, and have then overthrown them and even thrown them out of the party
We lead the world in sanctimonious hypocrisy  8)

DougM

Quote from: Jim Webster on April 26, 2022, 03:34:40 PM

Also if politicians were to be ejected for lying we could save a fortune. Think of all those who have said how wonderful a leader was, recommended this individual to the electorate as the perfect PM, and have then overthrown them and even thrown them out of the party
We lead the world in sanctimonious hypocrisy  8)

There are those who elide, omit, disguise and mangle the truth, thankfully few who knowingly tell an outright lie. Fewer still who knowingly utter a lie knowing that everyone knows it is a lie, and not caring.

World-beating is I believe the preferred phrase over world-leading. This may come from an environment where beating is laudable and genuine leadership virtually unknown.
"Let the great gods Mithra and Ahura help us, when the swords are loudly clashing, when the nostrils of the horses are a tremble,...  when the strings of the bows are whistling and sending off sharp arrows."  http://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/

Imperial Dave

ha ha quite right....!

I was ambushed by a cake  :)
Slingshot Editor