News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Parthian Kettle Drums

Started by DougM, April 28, 2022, 05:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DougM

"Let the great gods Mithra and Ahura help us, when the swords are loudly clashing, when the nostrils of the horses are a tremble,...  when the strings of the bows are whistling and sending off sharp arrows."  http://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/

Mark G

And it promises to show me how to get a bikini body!

Academia has embraced web advertising it seems

DougM

Quote from: Mark G on April 28, 2022, 05:41:26 PM
And it promises to show me how to get a bikini body!

Academia has embraced web advertising it seems

You realise the ads are linked to your cookies... ? Have you been searching for ways to get a bikini body?
"Let the great gods Mithra and Ahura help us, when the swords are loudly clashing, when the nostrils of the horses are a tremble,...  when the strings of the bows are whistling and sending off sharp arrows."  http://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/

nikgaukroger

"The Roman Empire was not murdered and nor did it die a natural death; it accidentally committed suicide."

Erpingham

Mark G

No need.

I'm already beach ready.

Perhaps it was your link that trapped those cookies?

RichT

Academia uses Google ads, at least for anonymous visitors. Maybe for registered users they are turned off. I got an ad for a t shirt with some slogan about grumpy old men. The cheek.

Erpingham

I do see ads if I access the home page, even if signed in.  Not if I access a paper direct.  So, perhaps the log in is significant.  Presumably people with paid Premium membership don't see any ads at all.

Chuck the Grey

Quote from: RichT on April 29, 2022, 09:42:53 AM
Academia uses Google ads, at least for anonymous visitors. Maybe for registered users they are turned off. I got an ad for a t shirt with some slogan about grumpy old men. The cheek.

I believe that's my t-shirt Richard.  ;)

DBS

Anyway, I am now going to have to hunt out the partially used Baccus Saracen command pack, which includes camel kettle drums, to see if I can knock them into Parthians...  If I only I could remember where I put the beggars!
David Stevens