News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Little Battles 2022

Started by dwkay57, May 16, 2022, 07:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwkay57

You may have thought you had escaped this year, but no :-X

After battling with life, the universe and most other things, I finally managed to get a battle with my little fellas and a new army took to the field (well the dining room table actually) as well.
Longer report available on my website for those with more time on their hands than is really good for them.
David

Imperial Dave

always look forward to your battle reports David :)
Slingshot Editor

Chuck the Grey

Great report David with a fascinating narrative.

Jim Webster

I always enjoy the reports and will treat myself to the long one with a coffee   8)

dwkay57

Sounds an excellent idea Jim. Don't forget to add a scone or cookie!
David

Jim Webster

Quote from: dwkay57 on May 20, 2022, 08:40:55 AM
Sounds an excellent idea Jim. Don't forget to add a scone or cookie!

Always with the long version  8)

davidb

Always enjoy reports. Good lunch time reading. Looking forward to seeing this one.

dwkay57

Just like buses, you wait for ages then two turn up at once.

Herod tries to prevent another Persian invasion.

Last time I tried this the terrain took too long to set up for the battle to conclude properly. This time the terrain had another impact.
David

Jim Webster

Quote from: dwkay57 on June 04, 2022, 01:48:29 PM
Just like buses, you wait for ages then two turn up at once.

Herod tries to prevent another Persian invasion.

Last time I tried this the terrain took too long to set up for the battle to conclude properly. This time the terrain had another impact.

Looks like a good game

dwkay57

If the previous battlefield had too much terrain - this one probably went in the other direction!

Two of my poorest performing armies tussle it out for the wooden spoon.
David

Jim Webster

Quote from: dwkay57 on June 25, 2022, 03:41:49 PM
If the previous battlefield had too much terrain - this one probably went in the other direction!

Two of my poorest performing armies tussle it out for the wooden spoon.

An interesting game

dwkay57

Yes it was interesting. The cavalry melees on the flanks were longer and more intense than I had anticipated given that a lot of reluctant allies were involved. I guess there was some "luck" in the precise line ups - if one or other of the infantry lines had been offset by hex in either direction the result might have gone differently.
David

dwkay57

Why did the Persians cross the river?
To get to the Thracians on the other side.

Report on the latest solo-battle for my little men attached. More detailed report available on my website for those trying to stay out of heatwaves or the following floods.
David

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Jim Webster

Quote from: dwkay57 on August 19, 2022, 09:11:36 AM
Why did the Persians cross the river?
To get to the Thracians on the other side.

Report on the latest solo-battle for my little men attached. More detailed report available on my website for those trying to stay out of heatwaves or the following floods.

Went well with a mug of coffee  8)