News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Plataea, on a Grid

Started by Jon Freitag, December 21, 2022, 05:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Freitag

Another battle report from another remote game.  This time, we explore Plataea fought on a grid using Basic Impetvs.

Full report on Palouse Wargaming Journal at,
https://palousewargamingjournal.blogspot.com/2022/12/plataea-my-way.html

Imperial Dave

oooh lovely Jon. I am revisiting BI at the moment
Slingshot Editor

Jon Freitag

Thanks, Dave!  BI almost always produces a very fun and challenging game.  I look forward to seeing what comes from your revisiting of the rules. 

Imperial Dave

Its always been on the periphery of my gaming. I think that the visual aspect is more and more appealing as well as the mechanisms. using them on a grid even more so
Slingshot Editor

Orc65

I read both reports, sounds like it was an engrossing game. It looked like it would have been fun. Never played BI, but I think I have a copy of Impetus somewhere. No doubt it is a little different to BI, but I might give it a read.

Jon Freitag

Quote from: Holly on December 21, 2022, 07:58:28 PM
Its always been on the periphery of my gaming. I think that the visual aspect is more and more appealing as well as the mechanisms. using them on a grid even more so

Dave, I recommend giving BI a serious look.  There is much within to offer.  For me, a grid is perfect for those playing a game remotely via Zoom.

Jon Freitag

Robert, happy to see you made the effort to read both battle accounts. The battle was great fun.   While Matt's photos are better close-ups since he was in the room with the table, my photos are screenshots captured during the game.  BI is a stripped down version of Impetvs but keeps the salient features and processes.  If you have Impetvs, give it a try.

Imperial Dave

Quote from: JonFreitag on December 21, 2022, 11:53:13 PM
Quote from: Holly on December 21, 2022, 07:58:28 PM

Dave, I recommend giving BI a serious look.  There is much within to offer.  For me, a grid is perfect for those playing a game remotely via Zoom.

thanks Jon,

I have dug out my BI2 copy and am reacquainting myself properly.
Slingshot Editor

Jon Freitag

Dave, I look forward to reading your impressions and reassessment.

Imperial Dave

I hope you wont die of old age before I manage that!
Slingshot Editor

Jon Freitag

Imperial Dave

:)

In anticipation of this enthusiasm I may have ordered some more figures......
Slingshot Editor

Jon Freitag

Quote from: Holly on December 22, 2022, 06:19:40 PM
:)

In anticipation of this enthusiasm I may have ordered some more figures......
In celebration, I am ordering more figures too.

Imperial Dave

damn,

I see your figure order and raise you a further one!
Slingshot Editor

Jon Freitag

Sorry, Dave, you will have to go All In.