News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Little Battles 2023

Started by dwkay57, May 06, 2023, 09:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Webster

An interesting game, I do like the way your morale system bubbles away under the surface  8)

Jon Freitag

Quote from: dwkay57 on August 27, 2023, 03:42:32 PMhttps://veryverylittlewars.wordpress.com/

Guaranteed to help you drop off!
Now I remember why your blog was not in my feed.  Your thumbnail photo blows up my Blogs Followed widget.

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

dwkay57

Sneaking a last solo-battle of the year in before the invasion of the Christmas decorations, I took the opportunity to re-visit the terrain of Aqua Sextae (105BCE) used for the first battle of the year but this time with some heavy infantry armies.

So it was time for my Spartans and Romans to go paddling.

Longer report available on my website for those who have already unwrapped their parcels.
David

Keraunos

Thank you.  I like your battlefields and the clear reports.

Jon Freitag

Quote from: Keraunos on December 21, 2023, 10:21:49 AMThank you.  I like your battlefields and the clear reports.
I agree.  Clear, well-photographed, annotated, and succinct.  Why the decision to face units toward hex flat vs hex vertex?

Imperial Dave

super stuff David...as always!
Slingshot Editor

Jim Webster

dwkay57

The decision to face troops on the hex flat as opposed to the vertex seemed logical at the time Jon, but I can't quite remember why now. Potentially it was something to do with having troops advance straight ahead rather than veering about and it made defining shooting arcs at long range easier.

I hope you had a mince pie with your coffee/tea as well Jim.
David

Jim Webster

Quote from: dwkay57 on December 22, 2023, 09:02:27 AMThe decision to face troops on the hex flat as opposed to the vertex seemed logical at the time Jon, but I can't quite remember why now. Potentially it was something to do with having troops advance straight ahead rather than veering about and it made defining shooting arcs at long range easier.

I hope you had a mince pie with your coffee/tea as well Jim.

I'm with you on the hex flat, it does make sense for this sort of thing.
Dark chocolate digestive rather than mince pie  ;)

Imperial Dave

Dark chocolate digestive is the devil's work.... :P
Slingshot Editor

Erpingham

"Colin, the good biscuits!", as the advert says  :)

For non-Uk members seeking to understand the reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq7GoaDdGXo

Jim Webster

Quote from: Imperial Dave on December 22, 2023, 12:09:32 PMDark chocolate digestive is the devil's work.... :P

To push back the frontiers of debauchery, they ought to be served straight from the fridge

Imperial Dave

Oh gawd.....now you have opened the gates of hell!

Slingshot Editor

Denis Grey

Quote from: Imperial Dave on December 23, 2023, 07:15:43 AMOh gawd.....now you have opened the gates of hell!

And does a little light go on when you open them?