News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

"Bring and Buy" at the Society Convention

Started by Richard Lockwood, September 25, 2023, 03:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Lockwood

This year we are offering the chance for attendees to bring their surplus ancient/medieval wargaming kit - figures, rules, books etc - and offer it for sale in a casual, informal "bring and buy". We are NOT running a "Bring and Buy Stand" or any such formal process. It is just a chance to bring some unwanted stuff and see if anyone might want to buy it.

If you wish to partake, then make sure you have a box labelled with your name with your items in it, clearly marked prices etc. This is informal - you will need to make contact with the seller to complete a transaction.

Imperial Dave

Great idea and am sure people attending will be interested
Slingshot Editor

aligern

The AGM used to have an auction back in the early seventies. I recall it was quite a success.
Roy

Nick Harbud

The nearest we have come to an auction in recent years was when Matt Bennett brought along all the surplus books he had culled from his bookcases.  These were sold at £5 each with all proceeds going to a suitable charity.  Perhaps not as environmentally sustainable as Steven Neate's pulp fiction recycling, but still ethically sound.

(Also, I really enjoyed reading the Goldsworthy books I nabbed.)

8)
Nick Harbud

Imperial Dave

Oh dear, could be an expensive day for some...
Slingshot Editor