News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Chaeronea exhibition

Started by Imperial Dave, December 15, 2023, 03:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Duncan Head

Duncan Head

Erpingham

Love the playmobil armies.

Some nice armour finds there too.

Ian61

QuoteThe exhibition is divided into nine units. The last one, "The Battle of Chaeronea today" looks at how the battle can be reconstructed for younger generations that might not be familiar with museums.
Do we have rules for playmobil scale Greeks? I found a pic! I am sure all we need to add are some dice. 8)  8)  8)

Ian Piper
Norton Fitzwarren, Somerset

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Erpingham

The playmobil figures are in the photo gallery on the link Duncan provided, with other things beside.

Ian61

Quote from: Erpingham on December 15, 2023, 06:01:40 PMThe playmobil figures are in the photo gallery on the link Duncan provided, with other things beside.

Indeed, some of the statuary looks stunning.
Ian Piper
Norton Fitzwarren, Somerset

Imperial Dave

I wonder if its too late to alter my Christmas wish list?
Slingshot Editor

Keraunos

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Duncan Head

Quote from: Duncan Head on December 15, 2023, 03:48:09 PM... it might not be impossible!

I seem to have just booked a week in Athens, and exhibition tickets, in March -in between the Battleday rehearsal game and the day itself, so March will be a busy month.
Duncan Head

Imperial Dave

Nice! What a splendid thing to do Duncan
Slingshot Editor

Erpingham

Quote from: Imperial Dave on January 01, 2024, 09:06:36 PMNice! What a splendid thing to do Duncan

Yes, Duncan's devotion to seeking out more information for the Society should be applauded  :)

Imperial Dave

I wonder if that line would work on my wife (aka CinC)
Slingshot Editor

Duncan Head

Quote from: Erpingham on January 02, 2024, 09:42:07 AMYes, Duncan's devotion to seeking out more information for the Society should be applauded  :)
It's just an excuse for a holiday  :)
Duncan Head