News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Medieval flatulence

Started by Imperial Dave, March 12, 2024, 05:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian61

I listened to and enjoyed the Ian Hislop series in which the Bonnacon appears. I have just checked and 'Ian Hislop's Oldest Jokes' is still available on iPlayer and is definitely worth a listen. There is a decent section in the sixth episode devoted to telling us about this amazing creature, which I had never previously heard of.
Ian Piper
Norton Fitzwarren, Somerset

Imperial Dave

And of course totally in sync with British humour
Slingshot Editor

Nick Harbud

Gosh!   :o  :o  :o

I think this thread needs to be moved to the Rules Discussion section of the Forum. 

It is surely all about a further biological and chemical warfare strategem, the latest in a long line behind flaming pigs, vicious doggies and lobbed wasps' nests.

:P
Nick Harbud

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

DBS

I am trying to remember which leading medieval churchman - I think it was St Bernard - suffered so badly from gut problems that his stall in the monastery church was actually a latrine so that he did not need to rise from his devotions.

The thurifer must have been a busy bunny as there was probably not enough incense in Arabia to sanctify the church when the great man was having a bad day...
David Stevens

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor