News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

3d modelling of roman baths

Started by Imperial Dave, March 12, 2024, 06:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarlL

Thanks for posting Dave.
Interesting use of 2D images and digital imaging to create views that could not otherwise be seen.
Not least because the Welwyn Roman Baths are under the A1(M) !!! (See hobbit like entrance to the 'dig'!)

I am thinking of modelling a baths (much simplified as pool with 2D villa behind) to represent the Roman villa where Spartacus surprised the Roman general, Lucius Cossinius, senator and deputy to Publius Varinius.
Then use it as a novel camp for my DBA Romans v Spartacus!!

CarlL

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Nick Harbud

Just think what ancient interior designers might have achieved had they only possessed modern visualisation technology?   :-\
Nick Harbud

Keraunos

How helpful of the A1(M) to cause the finding and help preserve the baths.  No geothermal springs around Welwyn (as far as I know) so lots of denuding of forests to soak the rich of Roman Britain in hot water!  I read somewhere that the first Roman style baths to be built in Britain after the Romans left were in Swindon, where Brunel built them for the workers on his wonderful Great Western Railway.

Erpingham

Quote from: Keraunos on March 13, 2024, 11:12:37 AMHow helpful of the A1(M) to cause the finding and help preserve the baths. 

Indeed.  I know a certain Welshman who believes that the whole purpose of road and rail infrastructure is to create opportunities for archaeological exploration. ::)

Keraunos

Quote from: Erpingham on March 13, 2024, 11:24:14 AM
Quote from: Keraunos on March 13, 2024, 11:12:37 AMHow helpful of the A1(M) to cause the finding and help preserve the baths.

Indeed.  I know a certain Welshman who believes that the whole purpose of road and rail infrastructure is to create opportunities for archaeological exploration. ::)

Don't we all think that?  ;)

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor