News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Little Battles 2024

Started by dwkay57, April 06, 2024, 02:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwkay57

In what is probably the nearest you will get to a historical match up by me  ;D ...

...my Greeks from Thebes took on a mid-western Persian satrapy. Perhaps it wasn't that historically accurate after all, but a fun and close battle.

Short report below and longer report for those wanting the full excitement on my website.
David

Keraunos

Thank you for an enjoyable report.

CarlL

David
Another excellently illustrated AAR
CarlL

dwkay57

Wandering back out of the sunset, bigger but probably no better....

The first battle in the Principia was between my three Celtic British tribes and some Romans.

There are lots of advantages to having a bigger table, but one of the disadvantages is that it is difficult to get the whole table in shot at one go. As you will see from the attached report.

More detailed and longer report available on my website.
David

CarlL

David / dwkay57,

Wow! What a tabletop. Love your battle-report style. Excellent and great link we can all enjoy.

Was it just my eyesight or were some pages (3-5?) darker than others?

OK, I know these are tiny men, but a close up of a victor or two or of a combat would be good to insert (IMHO).

CarlL

dwkay57

If you've ever been to Maldon you will know that when the tide slurps (as opposed to rolls) in the on-shore breeze brings with it dark clouds, salty rain and squawking seagulls. As it ebbs, the sun tends to come out again along with the smell of fresh squelchy mud.

Alternatively, I could have forgotten to switch the lights on or stood in front of the window and blocked the light. ::)

If you look at the detailed report on my website, there are some more detailed or close up photographs on the longer battle report.
David

Imperial Dave

And awesome it is as ever Dave
Slingshot Editor

dwkay57

Two of my poorest performing armies were pitted against each other in a bit of a scenario encounter in my latest solo battle.

It turned out to be a bit of nail biting battle for the two commanders.
David

Imperial Dave

nice report David and the annotations to the diagrams very useful
Slingshot Editor