News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

3500 year old cuneiform tablet

Started by Imperial Dave, July 24, 2024, 06:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Duncan Head

"the sale and purchase of a large number of chairs, tables, and stools" - what's the Akkadian for IKKEA?
Duncan Head

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

stevenneate

I'm interested in the AI tablet reader as there are vast numbers that have been discovered from the Bronze Ages, and not yet published. Grants often cover the dig but not the follow-up research and publication.

Nick Harbud

Isn't the latter activity meant to be carried out by the great archaeologist's team of lackeys PhD students?  I mean, if the bloody stupid AI can do all this, what future is there for academia?

???
Nick Harbud

DBS

I suppose Alalah may have been relatively "wood-rich" compared to locations further east, given its relative proximity to Lebanon and Anatolia.  Indeed, the immediate area may not have been as deforested as it is now.  Whether this has any bearing on furniture sales...
David Stevens

Imperial Dave

AI is here to steal our jobs...

:P
Slingshot Editor

Erpingham

Quote from: Imperial Dave on July 26, 2024, 07:01:18 AMAI is here to steal our jobs...

:P

Those would be the thousands employed in translating cuneiform tablets worldwide?

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor