News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

What is the etiquette for when your figures get lost in the post?

Started by eques, July 20, 2017, 05:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eques

Would you expect the manufacturer to send you a replacement or would you just re-order?

aligern

I think the contract with to oostal service is their job so they should be informed and should trace the package. If it has been misaddressed it should come back to them.
Different, a little, if they specifically asked you to pay for insured postage and they refused.
Repkacing an order does not cost them that much as the lead cost involved in an order is small.
So ask them to trace it through the post office.cIf it has disappeared they can often get insurance on the package and can resend the order.

You don't give much detail so its a rather generalised answer.
Roy

Patrick Waterson

Tend to agree with Roy here: as a general principle, once you have ordered (and paid) it is the supplier's responsibility to deliver the goods you ordered to you at the specified point of delivery under the agreed delivery terms.  Hence it is up to them to trace the package and if this cannot be done to provide you with replacement goods.  Getting compensation for lost goods is their concern, not yours (experienced senders insure their packages for precisely this reason).

Sorry if it sounds a bit legalistic, but that is basically the position.

Do you want to let us know any more details?
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill

eques

I asked the supplier in question, generally a slow dispatcher, if they could expedite my latest order as I needed it for a display game.

They despatched it a day or two later first class but it never arrived. I asked them to double check it was sent and they said yes it had been and would I like a replacement?

I replied yes please, but nothing has arrived yet, and I haven't heard from them.  Now wondering whether to push the issue.

Had to run an alternative game to the one advertised at the show.

Order value was £30.

Imperial Dave

hurrah!

in all seriousness, you can get a proof of posting for anything sent by RM and this entitles the sender to £20 compensation if it goes missing. For another £1 it becomes signed for and the compensation goes to £50

I have had issues with stuff going missing (either by RM cocking up or by other means) so always do a proof of posting at the very least and usually a signed for for the extra quid
Slingshot Editor

Patrick Waterson

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill

Prufrock