News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Figures for Sicilian Saracens

Started by Andreas Johansson, November 01, 2017, 03:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas Johansson

Quote from: Swampster on April 19, 2020, 08:04:15 PM
The Baueda figures are a touch smaller than the Mirliton Communal range, though the difference isn't as noticeable as with the Mirliton Arabs.
Thanks, that's useful to know :)

I should also mention Khurasan now have another bunch in their 13C range. These are a mix of armoured and unarmoured types, and I believe this is one of the ranges that are decidedly on the large end of 15mm figures.
Lead Mountain 2024
Acquired: 88 infantry, 16 cavalry, 0 chariots, 9 other
Finished: 24 infantry, 0 cavalry, 0 chariots, 1 other

Swampster

How about these from ERM? https://shop.eastridingminiatures.co.uk/el-cid--early-crusades-42-c.asp Pictures at the bottom of the page don't match the description apart from the Spnaish archer reaching for arrow.
They look similar to the Outpost figures - same designer perhaps - and my Outpost Crusaders mix fine with Mirliton.

The shop is currently closed though - looks like he is out of materials.

Swampster

Quote from: Andreas Johansson on April 19, 2020, 08:07:46 PM
Khurasan now have another bunch in their 13C range. These are a mix of armoured and unarmoured types, and I believe this is one of the ranges that are decidedly on the large end of 15mm figures.

I have just received some of these, having rather rashly bought enough for the army without seeing a sample first.
Luckily, they aren't oversized. I have just tried them against a Donnington NE Viking I happened to have to hand, and they are a very good match. One of the Saracens is a touch larger, but not ridiculously so.

P.

Andreas Johansson

Quote from: Swampster on May 16, 2020, 12:39:23 PM
Quote from: Andreas Johansson on April 19, 2020, 08:07:46 PM
Khurasan now have another bunch in their 13C range. These are a mix of armoured and unarmoured types, and I believe this is one of the ranges that are decidedly on the large end of 15mm figures.

I have just received some of these, having rather rashly bought enough for the army without seeing a sample first.
Luckily, they aren't oversized. I have just tried them against a Donnington NE Viking I happened to have to hand, and they are a very good match. One of the Saracens is a touch larger, but not ridiculously so.
Thanks, that's good to kow. I've been happy to mix DNE with Mirliton Communals, so sounds like they'd be a good option then.
Lead Mountain 2024
Acquired: 88 infantry, 16 cavalry, 0 chariots, 9 other
Finished: 24 infantry, 0 cavalry, 0 chariots, 1 other