News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Radiocarbon dating the Greek Protogeometric and Geometric periods

Started by Imperial Dave, June 01, 2020, 09:42:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Duncan Head

I wince at the whole idea of chronological revision, these days. But at first sight this looks fairly sensible, if perhaps still preliminary.
Duncan Head

Imperial Dave

agreed...there is a lot of rigour in the investigation and analysis
Slingshot Editor

Erpingham

Quote from: Duncan Head on June 01, 2020, 10:38:07 AM
I wince at the whole idea of chronological revision, these days. But at first sight this looks fairly sensible, if perhaps still preliminary.

I think we do need to separate the need to clarify the relationship of stratigraphic sequences with the incredibly convoluted radio carbon picture in this period and major surgery based on reinterpreted Egyptian king lists.  This seems to be an evidence based study and therefore potentially useful.

Imperial Dave

Quote from: Erpingham on June 01, 2020, 11:35:02 AM
Quote from: Duncan Head on June 01, 2020, 10:38:07 AM

I think we do need to separate the need to clarify the relationship of stratigraphic sequences with the incredibly convoluted radio carbon picture in this period and major surgery based on reinterpreted Egyptian king lists.  This seems to be an evidence based study and therefore potentially useful.

quite correct. The Egyptian king lists make my head spin....this study is straight forward by comparison!
Slingshot Editor