News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

5 28mm Seleukid battle reports in video format

Started by madaxeman, March 16, 2024, 01:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madaxeman

In a vain attempt to avoid repeatedly misspelling "Seleucid" I've just created a set of 5 video battle reports from the recent Beachhead competition in Bournemouth earlier this year.

These feature a mostly-Victrix 28mm Seleusid army taking on the Indians, Camillan Romans, Galatians, Dacians and finally the Early Imperial Romans in 5 pretty brutal and full-impact battle play-through videos.

At this event neither me nor any of my opponents seemed keen to muck about, so the end result is a lot of closeups of 28mm troops in push-and-shove close quarters combat - what's not to like eh?!

You can see the first video here:

..or by following this link

The others then all follow on in sequence.

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

gavindbm

Enjoyed them. 

I got the impression of some good combat dice luck.

madaxeman

Quote from: gavindbm on March 21, 2024, 12:01:48 PMEnjoyed them. 

I got the impression of some good combat dice luck.

I think you are probably right there - however when you face a line of matchups which are pretty even, the fine margins and the rub of the green will almost always decide things!

I do also think the couple of Cataphract units the Seleucids brought to the table were pretty important in generating an extra edge - not much in any of my opponents armies could really stand up to them, so that really helped me break through a few times