News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Boudican coin hoard declared treasure

Started by Imperial Dave, August 31, 2024, 07:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Erpingham

Interesting use of the term pre-Biblical here to mean between 30-10 BC. 

Jim Webster

Quote from: Erpingham on September 01, 2024, 09:21:59 AMInteresting use of the term pre-Biblical here to mean between 30-10 BC. 

I confess I'm struggling to work out what they assume they mean by their use of the term

Erpingham

Quote from: Jim Webster on September 01, 2024, 09:47:44 AM
Quote from: Erpingham on September 01, 2024, 09:21:59 AMInteresting use of the term pre-Biblical here to mean between 30-10 BC. 

I confess I'm struggling to work out what they assume they mean by their use of the term

My working theory is an educational oversight which led to the writer being unaware of the Old Testament.

Denis Grey

Quote from: Erpingham on September 01, 2024, 09:54:41 AM
Quote from: Jim Webster on September 01, 2024, 09:47:44 AM

My working theory is an educational oversight which led to the writer being unaware of the Old Testament.

And possibly not all that familiar with the New Testament either.

Nick Harbud

I read the bit about "Hordes like this are relatively commonplace and reflective of the feeling of unease due to Boudica's revolt." and thought they had come across a mass grave.

#HacksCannotSpell    :P
Nick Harbud

Imperial Dave

I did clock that

Perhaps they play DBA is their spare time?
Slingshot Editor