News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Strength & Honour : 2nd Chaeronea and Watling Street

Started by Keraunos, September 14, 2024, 03:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keraunos

One of the members at the HK Society of Wargames introduced Strength and Honour to the club this afternoon.  We had back to back games of 2nd Chaeronea and Watling Street.  I took some photos, planning to do a report, but ended up in the pub afterwards celebrating an undeserved double victory, returning home to find that video reports on both games had already been prepared to far higher quality than anything I will attempt.  The links are here.

Second Chaeronea

Watling Street

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Jim Webster

CarlL

Keraunos / Kim,

thanks for sharing, so far I have only watched the Second Chaeronea game, and your game host / colleague did you all proud with his slide presentation of the game and commentary.

I wondered if you used 3mm blocks / figures for this game?  The angle of the camera made it hard to judge if it was figures or board game like card counters you were using.

Certainly made me think about the rule system and its mechanics of battle-game and what it achieves in the tabletop presentation. I must find out more about the Strength & Honour game system.

Cheers
CarlL

CarlL

Keraunos / Kim,

Just tried the Watling Street link and that also takes you to the presentation on Second Chaeronea game, so not sure what happened to Watling Street!

CarlL

Keraunos

Quote from: CarlL on September 14, 2024, 10:06:12 PMKeraunos / Kim,

Just tried the Watling Street link and that also takes you to the presentation on Second Chaeronea game, so not sure what happened to Watling Street!

CarlL

Sorry about that.  Have amended the links and hope they now work