News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

SoA at Salute

Started by lionheartrjc, April 22, 2012, 01:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lionheartrjc

The SoA stand was at Salute on Saturday 21st April.

Phil Sabin, Eric Cruttenden and Alan Waller put on a Lost Battles participation game - 1st Chaeronea.  The Macedonians won the third battle but had a hard time in the first two.

Salute this year appeared to be highly successful.  100 participation and demonstration games (so they claimed, I didn't count them all!) as well as a large number of traders.  The hobby seems to be in good health.

Regards

Richard Jeffrey-Cook

Sharur

I wasn't there, but checking a few places online earlier today suggested everybody had a good day generally, traders and visitors, and it seemed to have been busy overall (comments from a few people wishing they'd pre-ordered from traders they'd struggled to get near, for example).

I hope that's true of those helping to run the SoA stand too. Maybe some photos once the exhaustion has been overcome folks?!

yesthatphil

The game was played throughout the day ...

The game has not featured heavily on other platforms, so here are some further details ...

(phalanx)

(Companions)

There are more ancients games from Salute on the Shows blog http://soawargamesteam.blogspot.com/ or see it on Planet Ancients

Rob Broom

Phil

thanks for the report, nice to read (and see a picture of our War & Conquest game) as I didn't get much of a look round.
Kind regards

Rob Broom
www.scarabminiatures.com
www.warandconquest.co.uk