News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

LONDON ARMATI WEEKEND COMPETITION 14/15TH MAY

Started by Bayleaf, March 31, 2016, 09:05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bayleaf

You are invited to a competition in West London.

London Armati 2016

14th-15th May

These are the arrangements:

Venue: Northfields Community Centre, 71a Northcroft Road, Ealing, W13 9SS.

Armies: This will be a 'Bring Your Own Army' competition. Those travelling long distances who want to borrow an army should draw one up and e-mail John (details below) who will try to source from among the locals' selection of armies. Obviously first come first served. Alternatively of course if you know someone else who's going and may be able to help you can ask them.

Each army (15mm) to be 75pts. No terrain to be bought - that will be provided.

Army to be chosen from any Antiquity and/or Age of Empires except late republican/early imperial Roman armies i.e. Marian/Caesarian Roman, Sertorian Spanish, Trajanic Roman, Aurelianic Roman and Palmyran from the A2 lists and similar for Warflute. Please submit all army lists to John a week before the competition to double check.

Three games will be played with one's own army; games two and four will be played using someone else's chosen by lot. This means you could end up fighting your own army! This is to give a bit of variety while still allowing people to use their own armies.

Please advise attendance (if not army list) as soon as possible to help arrange the competition. If you haven't an army, advise preference and club members may be able to assist.

Any further queries contact: John Bradley - bayleaf@waitrose.com 020 8568 1283.

aligern

I have attended this event several times. Its a friendly, easy convention with new stress or bother and general bonhomie. Significantly the new players who attended and who were not used to pkaying in a tournament had a good time too, so if you have a basic understanding of the rules and want a good weekend of games I recommend it.
Roy