News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Wargames show(s), 4th June, UK ??

Started by Martin Smith, May 26, 2016, 01:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Smith

Does anyone know of any shows on 4th June.??
I'm trekking Hampshire to Newcastle, that day, and am hoping for a stop roughly mid way. Considered Bosworth and Leeds Armouries, but a convenient show would do, too.

Any advice appreciated.

M
Martin
u444

Patrick Waterson

The only ones I know if (cribbed from here) are:

JUNE 3rd - 5th  UK Games Expo, Birmingham, details here (more or less on your route)

JUNE 4th PAWS Summer DBA, Plymouth (a bit out of your way)
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill

Martin Smith

Thanks Patrick
Spotted the Birmingham event, but not very 'me', unfortunately.

The PAWS DBA event is actually in Portsmouth*, and I would be playing there if Smiff junior didn't need relocating after year 1 of Uni....

Looks like Bosworth, then.

Cheers

M

* the BHGS website sez Plymouth, so I let them know they're a few miles adrift.
Martin
u444

Patrick Waterson

Quote from: Martin Smith on May 26, 2016, 11:13:22 PM

* the BHGS website sez Plymouth, so I let them know they're a few miles adrift.

Good work - might have saved a few new wargamers a wasted trip!
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill

Martin Smith

Quote from: Martin Smith on May 26, 2016, 01:47:33 PM
Does anyone know of any shows on 4th June.??
I'm trekking Hampshire to Newcastle, that day, and am hoping for a stop roughly mid way. Considered Bosworth and Leeds Armouries, but a convenient show would do, too.

Any advice appreciated.

M

Went to Towton, N. Yorks, as it happens. Well preserved, open battlefield, which now has a designated walk complete with information boards as you do the circuit. Was blessed with glorious weather (unlike on the snowy, blowy day of the battle in 1461), and had great views- fine day out, if others fancy having a look.
Martin
Martin
u444