News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Test of Resolve at Hammerhead

Started by Dave Knight, January 11, 2023, 08:37:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Knight

Hammerhead is on Saturday 4th March and we will be running Wars of the Roses participation games.

Imperial Dave

and good luck with that Dave.....a 'battle' report would be great!
Slingshot Editor

Nick Harbud

Make sure the Hammerhead organisers advertise your game on their website, Dave!

For those who fancy a slightly older ruleset, the DBA Northern Cup (sponsired by the Society of Ancients) will also be taking place at this event.  If anyone can fin any mention of this on Hammerhead's website, they are doing far better than me.

:P
Nick Harbud

Denis Grey

Quote from: NickHarbud on January 14, 2023, 02:07:37 PM
Make sure the Hammerhead organisers advertise your game on their website, Dave!

For those who fancy a slightly older ruleset, the DBA Northern Cup (sponsired by the Society of Ancients) will also be taking place at this event.  If anyone can fin any mention of this on Hammerhead's website, they are doing far better than me.

I'm afraid anyone who fancies a slightly older rule set will probably be out of luck.  All 20 places were filled within a week of registration opening, although there is a reserve list.

Nick Harbud

Yet, despite being such a popular competition, it still does not warrant a mention on their website.  Nice to know where their priorities lie....   >:(
Nick Harbud

Denis Grey

Quote from: Denis Grey on January 14, 2023, 02:42:50 PM
Quote from: NickHarbud on January 14, 2023, 02:07:37 PMMake sure the Hammerhead organisers advertise your game on their website, Dave!

I'm afraid anyone who fancies a slightly older rule set will probably be out of luck.  All 20 places were filled within a week of registration opening, although there is a reserve list.

For any last minute dot com-type DBA players, there is a vacancy.  (Details on the Fanaticus site.)

Alternatively, pop along and give Test of Resolve a go.  (Table GA14.  Turn left as you enter and it's the end table.)

Dave Knight

Denis Grey

A (not quite) last minute reminder for anyone who is going to Hammerhead tomorrow.

Jon Freitag

Denis Grey

Despite my indifference to the medieval period and my acute allergy to card-driven rule sets, it looked very impressive and seemed to attract a good deal of interest.  Congratulations to the team putting it on.  (I might yet be tempted).

Dave Knight

Quote from: Denis Grey on March 05, 2023, 03:01:19 PMDespite my indifference to the medieval period and my acute allergy to card-driven rule sets, it looked very impressive and seemed to attract a good deal of interest.  Congratulations to the team putting it on.  (I might yet be tempted).
Go on Denis - you know you want to 8)  8)

We played through the battle twice and did a third mini game (Clyst Heath).

Lots of interest.  The difference in 2023 compared to 2022 is that most people have heard of Test of Resolve now rather than learning about it for the first time.