News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Salute 22 April 2023

Started by lionheartrjc, April 23, 2023, 11:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lionheartrjc

The Society of Ancients stand was at Salute yesterday.  Thanks to the guys from Eastbourne who put on a demonstration game, refighting Zama using Impetus 2 rules.

Thanks to Gordon and Stuart who helped me run the stand.

I feel I need to mention two terrific ancient games that were put on at Salute this year.

The first was a To The Strongest game put on by Simon Miller. This was a refight of Ipsus and involved an absurd amount of 28mm phalangites (1,600) in a game that included 2,500 models (or so I am told - I certainly didn't count them myself!).

See Ipsus at Salute for pictures.

The second was a 2mm refight of Cannae put on by Mark Backhouse using Strength and Honour rules. This has a completely different but equally impressive visual effect.

See Stength and Honour Facebook Group for pictures.

The show had a very good attendance with a wide selection of traders present. For me the only drawback is the venue (London Excel) which has poor lighting and acoustics and quite expensive parking.

Richard

Imperial Dave

Great feedback and looks like it was very successful and busy!
Slingshot Editor

Denis Grey

There was also a splendid looking Leuctra using 28mm figures and home-brew rules.  (I'm afraid I can't remember who put it on.)

Erpingham

Quote from: Denis Grey on April 23, 2023, 02:27:37 PMThere was also a splendid looking Leuctra using 28mm figures and home-brew rules.  (I'm afraid I can't remember who put it on.)

Bob Cordery blogged it was by the Sutherlands and Miniature Wargames magazine.

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor